Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Toastmasters Journey

I didn't realize how long it had been since I have spoken of Toastmasters. Yes... I'm still in Toastmasters!!! After my wonderful year of President of my club (www.simcoeshores.ca), I've taken on the role of Area Governor for area 14.

It's busy... probably busier than I expected, but then so was being President, and I can't describe all that I learned in that year. Now I'm learning how to manage projects, delegate, and plan. I just know when this year is over, I'll be amazed at how much I've learned.

I've got good clubs in my area too, and as is the Toastmasters' way, they're very helpful when I need them. I exist to serve them, to offer advice, to give support, and do whatever I can to help each of them be successful. I love visiting other clubs as well.

And conferences... there have been conferences! The last one was at the Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood, and I went by myself. I couldn't have done that two years ago!

I'm trying hard to keep up writing and giving my speeches. I sense they're changing as well; including more of the skills that Toastmasters teaches us.

Creative Commons License
This work by Suzette Leeming is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.

No comments: