Thursday, November 11, 2010

What Does Frustration Look Like?

I just need to vent... so, please bear with me.

I'm having "issues" with Rogers. I switched over to them a year and a half ago - kit and kaboodle - cell phones, internet, digital cable, and home phone.

The home phone works fine.

Cell phones:  I live in Keswick. My cellphone (and my husband's) won't work in or around my house. I think they should work. So, I called tech support. Apparently, Lake Simcoe is interfering with the signal. I'm not that technical, so I don't understand why everyone in Toronto isn't having a problem - after all, it's a much bigger lake... bigger lake = more interference?  I spoke to a very nice tech support person - Lindsay on October 13th. She even opened a case number for me. That's the last I've heard about it. I guess I'm supposed to hound them every day. Not going to happen.

Cable: I had basic cable installed around 3-4 years ago. At the time, I was told that the line from the box to my house needed to be replaced. I just assumed that at some point it was. Nope. In June 2009, I upgraded to digital cable. Channels became inaccessible, others kept breaking up. Either way, I had difficulty watching what I wanted to. Called tech support. A service person came out and checked the lines. The line from the box to the house needs to be replaced. He also noticed his rogers cell phone didn't work in the house.

On Nov. 9th, I couldn't watch what I wanted, so I sent off an angry email to Rogers in which I said I was going to start cancelling services. No answer. No surprise.

Today, I phone Rogers customer support. I spoke to Matthew. He asked me if I wanted to take advantage of the offers on my account. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. So he raised his voice and repeated it. I pointed out that speaking louder wouldn't help me understand what he was talking about. So he said, fine - I'll just say you're not interested. I asked if he was having a bad day. He was very rude, so I hung up. I phoned back and got Luke. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I wanted to complain about a rep.  So then I got Austin. I explained all my frustrations to him. He took my request to cancel the movie network and related magazine. He said he would do what he could to help.

Then Sarah phoned me about my cable and told me that despite the fact that there was a target date of Dec. 12 for the line replacement, that it probably wouldn't happen this year. But she did give me her number if I wanted to follow up.

Then John phoned me and asked what he could do to help me. I explained my issues. Could he do anything to help? No. He seemed to think that because there's a target date on file, that it will be fixed, even though I told him about Sarah's call. I have no idea why he phoned. He couldn't do anything, but he did give me a case number (but we know they don't mean anything, don't we?). His suggestion - call technical support again about the phones.

Do me a favour Rogers - don't call me again - you're wasting my time. My husband's phone contract will expire in February - we'll find something else. I'll try to find someone to take over my blackberry lease and will find something else.

The internet service seems to be fine (although it's on the same cable that won't give me good TV), so that's safe. I'll wait until Dec. 12 - if the cable line is not replaced, I'm switching to satellite (are you listening Bell?). And the Rogers Mobile Internet I recommended to my mother-in-law... I'll see if I can find another solution for her.

Can you tell that I'm not feeling the love?


Creative Commons License
This work by Suzette Leeming is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.

No comments: